PDA

View Full Version : Archived Forum???

FidelGonzales
05-23-2008, 12:07 AM
There were tons of great posts on the old forum, and there are numerous functional converters that will easily migrate the data from Invision Power Board to vBulletin. Why was the old forum not converted into the new forum?

Also, if you send me a few trick photos and/or the font you guys want, I'll work on a quick header/logo graphic.

s@ndm@n
05-23-2008, 01:27 AM
There were tons of great posts on the old forum, and there are numerous functional converters that will easily migrate the data from Invision Power Board to vBulletin. Why was the old forum not converted into the new forum?

Also, if you send me a few trick photos and/or the font you guys want, I'll work on a quick header/logo graphic.

Hey Fidel, Thanks for the logo offer. I'm pretty sure I got that covered. :) This is just the beginning.

The board was not migrated because we were using a "modified" IPB. Invision Free. The owner of the service allows no access to the SQL DB and charges an exorbitant amount to get it for you (one way to keep people using your service, i guess...). Also, the tables are apparently not the same as IPB, and the IF converter that I found had a lot of negative feedback. :(

Jay
05-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Plus it's easier to do nothing. It's my motto... I say, "fuck it"

diirk
05-23-2008, 03:11 AM
If Fidel has an easy solution, I'd be happy to hear about it.

s@ndm@n
05-23-2008, 04:40 AM
agreed! :)