PDA

View Full Version : Camper ready

lq9hd
12-24-2013, 03:30 AM
Amazon and tweetys.com kicks ass:dude::dude::dude: Placed an order for airbags, vent cover, tie downs, and superhitch last Friday. Bags from Amazon delivered via USPS yesterday (Sunday):eek: and the rest via FedEx today.

56Nomad
12-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Amazon and tweetys.com kicks ass:dude::dude::dude: Placed an order for airbags, vent cover, tie downs, and superhitch last Friday. Bags from Amazon delivered via USPS yesterday (Sunday):eek: and the rest via FedEx today.

Cool! Both are great to deal with.

QH
12-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Which tiedowns did you go with Patrick?

DirtyRat
12-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Slow down, im having trouble keeping track of the $$ spent so far...... Altho you are ahead of the rest by along shot....Good Job Ranger!!

lq9hd
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Which tiedowns did you go with Patrick?

I went with Torklift.

Now I just need to find some fastguns turnbuckles on craigslist. There way to expensive new.

56Nomad
12-25-2013, 04:18 AM
Mike,

Here is an option

As posted on one of the forums……..

“The people I bought the camper from used tie down straps to hold the camper down (see pic) from what I’ve been reading it looks like most people here are using a spring loaded turnbuckle setup. Are these straps ok to use? Something tells me they’re not very strong compared to a proper turnbuckle setup. I haven’t used these straps other than for the ride home from where I bought the camper.”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/56Nomad/campera_zpsd1ee0e53.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/56Nomad/media/campera_zpsd1ee0e53.jpg.html)

The guy who bought my last camper did the same when he picked it up. That camper was an 11’ 6”er

lq9hd
12-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I will definitely keep that in mind Howie.

My camper did come with Happijac turnbuckles and I was thinking using a piece of chain to extend it to my frame mounted tie downs. What do you think about that?

56Nomad
12-25-2013, 07:32 PM
I will definitely keep that in mind Howie.

My camper did come with Happijac turnbuckles and I was thinking using a piece of chain to extend it to my frame mounted tie downs. What do you think about that?

That would work too