PDA

View Full Version : phone advice, needed, speak stupid.

ssduane
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Heading back next week and looking at phones. Jody is currently on T-mobile, along with our other numbers, contract up end of April/beginning of May, so switching is possible. Jody likes her Blackberry, curve, storm, tornado, octagon, which ever one she has.

Me, I'm looking for a phone with of course the ability to make calls (seems thats the thing people us them the less for, why I mentioned it) take a good picture if I want to, don't like the email pics Jody sends me on her BB, maybe its a simple pixel adjustment in the phone, not sure. Maybe look up on the internet a location, don't need to post on FB that I'm having cofee with Tim and Buffy at Cafe de Whatthefuck.

Not sure about apps, have no clue what is out there or where to even look or why I would even want them. But, the level app in my I-touch is cool. Phuck I-tunes, I have an I-touch.

Also, prefer a phone with a touch screen pad if I need to type, little BB buttons, no thanks.

I'm sure Jody can find something else she likes besides a BB, but would be a transition period. Me, I'm going to be like Grandpa walking into a store talking to a cel phone provider, more then likely pissing them off with stupidity. Kinda like me walking into a coffee shop and asking for a large coffee, you mean Venti, no, Large, they are venti. So whats medium? Medium, shouldn't that be a DuoDieci?

So, what do you all recommend for maybe phones and service providers? I'm sure there will be a learning period,a dn I might grow to like some of the shit you all use your phones for. Personally, I hate texting, 10 minutes of texting can be usually cured by a 30 second phone call.

J.T.
02-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I honestly will say that for everything I do I love my I-phone. Carrie loves hers as well. I still use my Ipod CLassic and Nano for music but I do keep some play lists on my phone for when I am traveling. and all the same apps and games as your I Touch.

jws
02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Ford vs Chevy

Im happy with Verizon - Heather and I have the Droid Incredible......

J.T.
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Ford vs Chevy

I agree, I think you will transition to the iphone easier since you already use Itouchs is all

QH
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Ford vs Chevy

X2, Incredible is incredible

yz450mm
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Android is a great platform, and there are quite a few nice phones out that are running it for Sprint and Verizon. Sprint has better data plans (if you end up using the internet a lot), and if you travel a lot you can use some android phones as a mobile hotspot and connect up to 8 devices to it at dsl speeds. There is an "app" for everything, and once you started playing with different apps, you'd probably end up loving it. I have the EVO with Sprint, and love it. HTC makes touchscreen phones that run android, and Motorola has the Droid series also running Android.
The google navigation, google maps, and google earth on an Android phone really comes in handy... it's amazing what devices can do now, compared to what computers did years ago.

diirk
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
More processing power in one phone then the entire space shuttle.

ssduane
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
More processing power in one phone then the entire space shuttle.

might be to complex for me then.

jaybo
02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I'll throw another one in for i-phone, but only cause that is what i've got. Guys at work have everything from everyone, and no one has any major complaints. so i guess this post is :gay:. Oh look :Oo:

jws
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I think the big thing is what service works best around where you live. I prob would of went with an Iphone if ATT worked in my area. Verizon works best where I live so went with what Verizon offered at the time.

Now you can get the Iphone with Verizon or ATT so pick who has the best service for you.......

rf4
02-03-2011, 09:35 PM
I have the droid and love it...my opinion...but I just want a phone that rings, can text, has a decent camera and has a couple of cool apps. I'm not looking for a space age, state of the art, newest toy.

my boss, who is up to date with all the newest techie crap, had an i-phone (loved it), traded it for the droid (to have verizon service and a new toy) when it came out and has already bought the new i-phone with verizon. he prefers the i-phone. according to him, better apps, easier to use.

DirtyRat
02-03-2011, 10:16 PM
All i want a cell phone to do is make a call, so i like Verizon coverage. If i don't have enough signal to call, i want it to text.......The reason i still have my outdated LG Dare is because of the way the touch screen works when i text, it allows me to use my thumb nails on the touch screen not the pressure sensitive gay way the IPhone or Diana's EVO does, i just can't hang with that format...I don't need APPS or NAV on my cell, Diana has all that crap on hers and her office pays for all her stuff anyways....

I still have a clamshell phone too.....:buford: