PDA

View Full Version : PEX fittings

Big Buford
07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Anybody know of a place in the OC that has a really good stock of these? Been to Home Depot and Lowes but their supply is limited.

toolio
07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Bought a bunch a few years back @ Deluxe Trailer Supply in Paramount, and they ARE open on Sunday's.

Big Buford
07-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Bought a bunch a few years back @ Deluxe Trailer Supply in Paramount, and they ARE open on Sunday's.

Thanks gary, they are open till 4pm today :buford:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-20566491-deluxe-rv-supply-paramount

Big Buford
07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Nice place Gary! Kinda a mom and pops shop but they had everything you would need for your rig:dude:

Well, the fittings worked out great! I "T"d into my drain lines off of each fresh water tank. There is NOT 1 cup of water left in them when the pump runs dry:vib:

I meant to do that mod on my last 2 trailers but never got around to it. Always pissed me off to get home and still have 20 gals left in the tanks when the pump ran dry.:buford:

Now on to my next small problem :f

The fittings on the side of the tank look like they were spun welded in. I caped them with brass plugs when I rerouted my fresh water pick up to the drain tube.

The fitting on the rear tank did not seal or has developed a slight leak? Some other fittings have what looks to be a light blue epoxy smeared around them. It is still somewhat pliable. I have the clear (white) plastic tanks.

Anybody know of a good sealant to use around the fitting to stop the leak?:buford:

toolio
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe look up a local body shop that has a "plastic welder". I've been told in the past that there isn't a viable way to repair those milky white tanks, but that was second hand info. I might try an adequate pipe fitting plug, made of plastic or nylon, and wrap the threads w/ some teflon tape, or smear some silicon on the plug and let dry.

Big Buford
07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Gary, it is the actual round threaded bung that goes on the side of the tank. The plug is sealing fine.