PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade for my Raptor

pronstar
05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Just ordered a suspension upgrade for the Rappy.

- TCS non-reservoir front shocks
- Laeger +2 A-Arms
- TCS re-valve for my rear OEM reservoir shock
- Braided brake lines

Got it from rivermobster/ATV Suspension Tech (GD.com sponsor).
Nice guy, great price.

Wanted reservoir fronts, but for the money I saved I could afford to have my rear shock revalved.

Can't wait for Pismo!

Derwud
05-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Joe/Rivermobster is a very cool guy.. He will hook you up for sure... If any of you are looking for ATV suspension, he is the guy to call..

J.T.
05-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Sweet Rob, Can't wait to take it for a spin

shadow
05-21-2008, 05:03 AM
Just ordered a suspension upgrade for the Rappy.

- TCS non-reservoir front shocks
- Laeger +2 A-Arms
- TCS re-valve for my rear OEM reservoir shock
- Braided brake lines

Got it from rivermobster/ATV Suspension Tech (GD.com sponsor).
Nice guy, great price.

Wanted reservoir fronts, but for the money I saved I could afford to have my rear shock revalved.

Can't wait for Pismo!

I can't wait to check out your suspension - I may need to do the same thing.

pronstar
05-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I've got until tomorrow to finalize the setup before it goes to TCS...am debating springing for the rezzie front shocks. But I'm not cetain that my style/level of riding is enough to justify it.

What do you guys think?

Strabo
05-21-2008, 05:35 AM
I've got until tomorrow to finalize the setup before it goes to TCS...am debating springing for the rezzie front shocks. But I'm not cetain that my style/level of riding is enough to justify it.

What do you guys think?

Describe your style/level of riding a Sofa?

shadow
05-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Rob, I don't think our style of riding justifies spending too much more for the rezzies. If we were racing, then hands down I go with the better of the shocks. I guess it boils down to dollahs - if its only a couple hundered more, maybe consider it.

pronstar
05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Rob, I don't think our style of riding justifies spending too much more for the rezzies. If we were racing, then hands down I go with the better of the shocks. I guess it boils down to dollahs - if its only a couple hundered more, maybe consider it.

Well, it is only a couple hundred...that I don't really have.
I think you're right...I'm overthinking it. I should just enjoy it when it arrives.

I should prolly put that couple hundred toward that little gennie you have anyways :D

Describe your style/level of riding a Sofa?
I sorta drive around and crash into shit in the middle of the night :)

Buggs
05-21-2008, 06:11 AM
I sorta drive around and crash into shit in the middle of the night :)

Well if a dark train tunnel counts and night, so does Jim

Strabo
05-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Well if a dark train tunnel counts and night, so does Jim

Least my shit starts without AAA jump....:cool:

ssduane
05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Rob, I would save the money that you are going to put into the rear shock and get the ressie fronts. The rear shocks are very good and everyone I have talked to that have had them redone regret it, especially guys my size. Hear they spring them too much. Also, if you wanna do a nice long ride, the ressies will pay off in the end.

pronstar
05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Rob, I would save the money that you are going to put into the rear shock and get the ressie fronts. The rear shocks are very good and everyone I have talked to that have had them redone regret it, especially guys my size. Hear they spring them too much. Also, if you wanna do a nice long ride, the ressies will pay off in the end.

I'm so corn-fused :confused: :p

pronstar
05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm gonna see if I can swing the rezzies

shadow
05-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Save your money for my genny.
should I bring it down to OW ?