PDA

View Full Version : RZR Doors

QH
06-04-2008, 04:14 AM
We've been busting our asses designing doors for the RZR. OK Dave has been busting his ass and I've been helpin :D Seen several examples of doors out there, but we think we got them all beat....handily. One dude is selling doors that are a square piece of plastic with 1 galvanized fence hinge holding it on:bs:

So here is our final product! Now we can get to the Teryx and Rhino stuff :buford:

Side view, we really wanted to make the doors look like oem equipment. Kind of like you want the addition to your house to look like it was built that way originally. I think we nailed it...

http://www.rafab.dreamhosters.com/thh_gallery/d/2141-1/Door1.jpg

Instead of 1 galvanized fence hinge, we tied the stationary part of the doorframe into the RZR frame right at the roll bar mounts.

http://www.rafab.dreamhosters.com/thh_gallery/d/2146-1/Tie_In.jpg

Like an old Lincoln Continental, we went with the suicide door design

http://www.rafab.dreamhosters.com/thh_gallery/d/2144-1/Door_Open.jpg

For our latching mechanism, we went with a slam latch that has a deep shank. Slams shut real easy and pulls open easily as well. Should stay closed in a slower rollover, if you high side at 45 all bets are off...

http://www.rafab.dreamhosters.com/thh_gallery/d/2148-1/Latch.jpg

J.T.
06-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Dayuuuuuummmmmmmmmm Brother Nice

Buggs
06-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Damn dude, those rock

high desert
06-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Those turned out fuckin beautiful Bob.

Awesome job!:dude:

2BH
06-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Shit Bob, I'm seriously impressed!

Got-Damn!:buford:

QH
06-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Fuck me, I guess we did hit the nail on the head. Posted to RZR forums half hour ago and already received an e-mail from UTV Off-Road Magazine asking if we'd like them displayed in the next issue "coming out just in time for the Sand Sport Super Show" :eek: :f

jackxclan
06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Damn that RZR is badazz !! Nice job on the doors

jackxclan
06-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Fuck me, I guess we did hit the nail on the head. Posted to RZR forums half hour ago and already received an e-mail from UTV Off-Road Magazine asking if we'd like them displayed in the next issue "coming out just in time for the Sand Sport Super Show" :eek: :f
Dude you better get busy making some inventory.

high desert
06-04-2008, 05:32 AM

Sweet...Congrats!

QH
06-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Dude you better get busy making some inventory.

N-O S-H-I-T!!

dieseldude
06-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Some Kick Ass doors Bob!

Big Buford
06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Out Fing standing!!!!!!!:buford:

diirk
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Awesome looking doors Bob. You guys did great work. I hope you have a jig made for those, you'll be cranking them out at warp speed pretty soon.

thmTerry
06-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QH
06-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Awesome looking doors Bob. You guys did great work. I hope you have a jig made for those, you'll be cranking them out at warp speed pretty soon.

Yeah we got a jig..... That would SUCK to have to build from scratch every time :eek:

2BH
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Bob, can you fab some doors and somersault plates for me??:jel:

QH
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey Bob, can you fab some doors and somersault plates for me??:jel:

Of course we can Scotty! Check out our quad prototype

Somersault Plates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHO_dbyBSg)

diirk
06-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I was looking for the very same picture!

SoCal
06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Those look nice. Can you email me a larger pic? I have a few questions but want to look closer before putting my foot in my mouth.

jws
06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Your Fucked:buford:

QH
06-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Your Fucked:buford:

Not if I go by all the deposits for doors I'm taking

jws
06-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Not if I go by all the deposits for doors I'm taking

Thats what I was saying.......... You are going to be one busy mother fucker for a while - those doors are killer:vib:

QH
06-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Thats what I was saying.......... You are going to be one busy mother fucker for a while - those doors are killer:vib:

Oh I thought you were saying I was fucked because Phil was going to tell me what was wrong with them... I'm already up til 11:30 every night doing shit for FUTV:rolleyes:

jws
06-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Oh I thought you were saying I was fucked because Phil was going to tell me what was wrong with them...

Those doors are bitchen Bob - You guys should do real well on those:D

QH
06-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Those doors are bitchen Bob - You guys should do real well on those:D

Thanks! I was wondering what you thought, but no replies to thread for 2 days so I figured you didn't like em. We are really happy with them...Phil offered some possible changes and we'll look into them, cuz we can upgrade on the fly :cool:

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Where are the Rhino doors?

jws
06-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks! I was wondering what you thought, but no replies to thread for 2 days so I figured you didn't like em. We are really happy with them...Phil offered some possible changes and we'll look into them, cuz we can upgrade on the fly :cool:

To be honest Bob I missed this thread untill today - its hard finding shit with the new board. I click on new posts and if it aint new I dont see it until it gets bumped back up:rolleyes:

2BH
06-06-2008, 01:33 AM

Those are AFTER my KFX somersault cage :D

SoCal
06-06-2008, 01:34 AM
To be honest Bob I missed this thread untill today - its hard finding shit with the new board. I click on new posts and if it aint new I dont see it until it gets bumped back up:rolleyes:

Me to.

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Those are AFTER my KFX somersault cage :D

WTF is that?

sin cal hd
06-06-2008, 03:18 AM
Nice, very rockstar like.

lq9hd
06-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Just saw this. Sick ass doors Bobby.

JJ
06-06-2008, 06:32 AM
they look awesome, I'll start shopping for an RZR to put them on today

QH
06-06-2008, 06:57 AM

I feel your pain, same shit for me...:rolleyes:

QH
06-06-2008, 07:00 AM

Sorry, Teryx is next... If I had my druthers we would have done Rhino's 1st cuz there are more of those than RZR's/Teryx combined x2. Just having trouble getting a Rhino in the shop to work on. All my Rhino buddies are down South :vik:

SoCal
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Sorry, Teryx is next... If I had my druthers we would have done Rhino's 1st cuz there are more of those than RZR's/Teryx combined x2. Just having trouble getting a Rhino in the shop to work on. All my Rhino buddies are down South :vik:

Shit I would have drove the fucker up last weekend. You didn't want it.

QH
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Shit I would have drove the fucker up last weekend. You didn't want it.

We are supposed to get one locally real soon :D

shadow
06-06-2008, 04:06 PM
those doors look sweet - how's the underplating for the rhinos comming ??

QH
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
those doors look sweet - how's the underplating for the rhinos comming ??

It sucks Larry :bs:

We NEED to get a Rhino in our shop!!!! hopefully have one coming in shortly though...

2BH
06-06-2008, 04:49 PM

We NEED to get a Rhino in our shop!!!! hopefully have one coming in shortly though...

Hey! just go out and buy one you rich, successful bidnessman!!!

Then you can let your FRIENDS drive the SLOWER UTV while you speed around in the Rzr!:D

high desert
06-06-2008, 05:50 PM

Then you can let your FRIENDS drive the SLOWER UTV while you speed around in the Rzr!:D

I second..........all those in favor say aye.

The ayes have it. :buford:

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM

I would be more than happy to let you use my Rhino for design & photo purposes.

shadow
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
so it might be faster if I haul my rhino up there and let you figure it out on mine ??

Jay
06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok, I'll say it...

I DON'T LIKE THEM...

Because they won't fit my Ranger!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Since shit dude...

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
so it might be faster if I haul my rhino up there and let you figure it out on mine ??

Sorry Larry, I offered first!:mad:

QH
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM

As luck would have it (bad for him, good for us) a guy we know was life flighted out of Sand Mountain Nevada Memorial Day weekend after rolling his Rhino (he's going to be OK). Alcohol was involved :rolleyes: We'd LOVE to buy a smashed up Rhino at a bargain price and bling the shit out of it. Speaking of bling, I just picked up a full White Carbon Fiber body from Maier for a customers RZR and the stuff just looks BITCHIN! They also supplied us with perfectly colored large flat sheets of UTV plastic for our doors :cool: Damn Maier has come a LONG way since I was at there tiny little warehouse space in the early 80's! Talk about a success story :buford:

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, since you don't have a wrecked one, you are more than welcome to bling mine out and take all the pictures that you want. I will agree to let you keep the Rhino for as long as you need, and will agree to ride it in the desert for all to see, handing out your brochures that I will make free of charge, to all those that ask.
So, do we have a deal?

QH
06-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, since you don't have a wrecked one, you are more than welcome to bling mine out and take all the pictures that you want. I will agree to let you keep the Rhino for as long as you need, and will agree to ride it in the desert for all to see, handing out your brochures that I will make free of charge, to all those that ask.
So, do we have a deal?

DEAL! and we'll only need the Rhino for about a year and a half :pirate:

Can't wait to take it night racing at Spot X with Jeff!!!

skyjammer0
06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Oh, I'm sure it won't take that long. Go ahead and get started, and when you are ready to install the stuff, I'll bring it down!

jws
06-06-2008, 10:50 PM
DEAL! and we'll only need the Rhino for about a year and a half :pirate:

Can't wait to take it night racing at Spot X with Jeff!!!

:buford::dude:

QH
06-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh, I'm sure it won't take that long. Go ahead and get started, and when you are ready to install the stuff, I'll bring it down!

At Factory UTV we leave no stone unturned. Since yours will be our prototype for Rhino's we'll need to fully test for fit finish and functionality. Year and a half should do it I'm thinkin...

Jeff, mount up _ _ _ _ _ _ Damn it I can't remember the third word :vik:

Hockymom63
06-07-2008, 12:09 AM
EXCUSE ME!!! Thats MY rhino:mad:

QH
06-07-2008, 12:26 AM
EXCUSE ME!!! Thats MY rhino:mad:

It'll be sweet when we're done though! We'll do pink plastics for ya too :D

skyjammer0
06-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, I'll drop it off, you do the measurements, I'll pick it up, you fabricate, and I'll bring it back when you are done. For the plastics, we will do gloss black with pink ghost flames. Deal?

Hockymom63
06-07-2008, 12:57 AM
It'll be sweet when we're done though! We'll do pink plastics for ya too :D

EHHH pink is not worth no toy for a year and a half!!! Besides why would your co. want a pink anything:gay: repping you:ph43r:

QH
06-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Besides why would your co. want a pink anything:gay: repping you:ph43r:

Oh I don't know, because chicks dig pink :vib: I'm secure, I'll chase Jeff all over the fuckin desert in a pink Rhino :cool:

QH
06-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Well, I'll drop it off, you do the measurements, I'll pick it up, you fabricate, and I'll bring it back when you are done. For the plastics, we will do gloss black with pink ghost flames. Deal?

Good gawd man, which part of fully testing for fit finish and functionality are you having the most trouble with? Tell you what, maybe we can get her back to you in 17 months and I promise to test your suspension thoroughly in the deep whoops :buford:

Big Buford
06-07-2008, 02:47 PM
:vik::dh::buford:

rf4
06-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Bob those are really cool doors - happy to hear your company is doing well!
Definitely wish much success for you...

cuz then when you are rich and famous, you will hook up your hooli friends with the good stuff (gratis)!!

QH
06-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Bob those are really cool doors - happy to hear your company is doing well!
Definitely wish much success for you...

cuz then when you are rich and famous, you will hook up your hooli friends with the good stuff (gratis)!!

Thanks!! Just hoping the venture provides my two kids with viable full time jobs. Nothing much will change for me. Luckily we already owned the majority of the equipment needed so we recouped our original minimal investment early on. Now the venture will thrive or fail on it's own... Dave and I ran the same type of business in the 80's and it's funny how much more you know 25 years later. The internet is an amazing tool as well, 99% of our business back then was local racers and duners, 95% of our business now is outside the state of California! You might say our audience has increased slightly :eek: